Whether you’re looking to build a new website or redesign an existing one, you’ll want to ensure that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an integral part of your overall website strategy.
SEO plays a pivotal role in how search engines, like Google, Yahoo and Bing, serve up your website content to their visitors. As a result, SEO-friendly websites are more likely to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), get more organic traffic, and build credibility with search engines.
What is SEO Website Design?
SEO website design is the strategic integration of SEO and web design into a cohesive process. This approach helps create a responsive website with a clean UI (user interface), a superior UX (user experience), and optimized with the right keywords to increase organic search traffic quantity and quality.
How Web Design Impacts SEO
With billions of daily searches on Google per day, you want to make sure your web design includes an SEO strategy. Along with a responsive and user-friendly design, each page should also include SEO-friendly and relevant content tagged with the keywords you want to rank for in SERPs.
Let’s take a closer look at how web design and SEO are linked and the impact of web design on SEO.
- A clean and simple user interface (UI) helps SEO – Search engines prefer websites that are less cluttered. The simpler your website, the more likely it will rank high on Google SERPs for any specific keywords related to your business or website niche. For example, if you have an online store, be sure to have a clean checkout process and easy-to-find contact information so customers can purchase your merchandise quickly.
- An attractive and modern design helps SEO – Pay attention to the text and graphic ratio on your site to prevent high bounce rates. Users do not want to read paragraphs and paragraphs of text on a screen that is too small or blurry. When visitors land on your site, they should easily understand what it offers so they can convert into customers. The more attractive the website looks with crisp fonts and clear images, the higher chance there is for increased conversion rates which means more business.
- An easy-to-navigate site focused on the user experience (UX) helps SEO – The link between ease of navigation and user experience is evident when you examine how efficient websites provide users what they want with as few clicks as possible. This includes having clear menus and an intuitive page layout so that visitors find their way around without feeling frustrated by poor site structure or getting lost among headings on each page.As part of enhancing navigation and user experience on your website, you need to know:
It is also essential to incorporate strong navigational links in all web pages. This includes having good search engine optimization (SEO) keywords in bold font near the top of each web page; this signifies the importance of that keyword to the website design, content, and SEO.
- What buttons go where on your form.
- How many fields need to be in a given form field group
- If you should use inline validation messages for every input as opposed to just one error message when the entire form fails validation
Page Load Time is Vital
When designing a new website or redesigning an existing one, it is crucial to consider web page load time. As web designers know, this can be tricky because the total size of your website is usually determined by how much text you include in it and what images and videos are part of it. The best thing to do would be to minimize everything unnecessary for site visitors, so the page loads faster and cuts down on their wait time.
Search engine crawlers usually take site speed into account when determining rankings. If your website loads slowly, it will hurt the SEO of your site because Google might think there are problems on the page or that you’re serving a lot of spammy ads that slow things down.
Not only does a poorly designed website not rank well in search engines, but statistics show that about 38% of users stop interacting with one if its layout is unattractive or hard to navigate.
SEO Website Design Company
Are you looking for help to build a new website or redesign an existing one? The SEO web design team at Athena Integrated Marketing can help. Our team of expert SEO and web designers will work with you to customize an SEO web design strategy that sets you apart from the competition and helps increase the quantity and quality of your organic search traffic. Give us a call at 202-964-0690 or schedule a free consultation today.