With the increasing use of mobile devices and online apps, you’d be doing your business a disservice if your website is not designed to adjust or respond to mobile devices. This kind of website format is called a mobile-responsive design.
A responsive web design solves a lot of problems for your website:
- It improves the way your site looks on devices with a small and large screen.
- It makes your website easy to navigate on a mobile gadget.
- It increases the time visitors spend on your website.
- It may also boost your rankings in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
“But what does it cost to make my website responsive? Is it really an immediate concern? Do I need to invest in website design service” are some of the questions people ask.
To answer these concerns, it’s best to start with the basic question: What is a web design, and why is it important?”
What Is a Web Design and Why Does It Matter?
Website design refers to how your site appears and functions on the Internet. It is often associated with the user experience aspect of web development instead of software development. Web design isn’t limited to websites since it also includes other platforms such as web apps, mobile apps, and interface designs.
Web design also impacts how your target market will perceive your business. The impression you make on your audiencewill either convincethem to stay on the page and learn more about your business or leave your page for your competitors. With good web design, you can keep your leads on your page.
What Are the Advantages of Responsive Web Design?
While some business owners prefer to have separate versions of their website for desktop and mobile users, responsive web design is now a norm since it offers versatility at more affordable development costs. Other benefits of responsive website design include the following:
- Lower bounce rate. An optimized mobile website offers a better user experience for the visitor. Website visitors are more likely to stay on the page for a longer time and check out the other product pages. On the other hand, if your website isn’t responsive, it is more difficult to keep your visitors engaged, increasing their tendency to bounce.
- Better conversion rate. Lowering your bounce rate is only 50 percent of the battle. Maintaining a consistent user experience across all devices is the secret to converting visitors into new customers. When website visitors are deciding whether or not to buy or subscribe to your service, they don’t want to be redirected to gadget-specific pages since the process will take longer. A single professional-looking and secure website lessens the likelihood of a frustrated customer.
- Lower maintenance requirements. Maintaining a mobile version of your website requires more support and testing. In contrast, a responsive website design uses standard testing techniques to ensure the optimal layout of your website on any mobile screen.
Embrace the Need for Responsive Web Design
If the advantages of a good website design or responsive web design success stories still don’t convince you to make a change, then let the time savings and cost convince you. Responsive web design is a crucial part of any web strategy — and it should be part of yours, as well.
If you have more questions about the importance of a responsive website design or wish to make your website more responsive, get in touch with Athena Integrated Marketing today.